Sunday 23 August 2009

Metamorphosis Monday

It's the start of the week so it must be time for Metamorphosis Monday hosted once again by Susan at Between Naps on the Porch.
Click here to see all the great ideas & projects that others have been working on.

All summer long I have been participating in the "92 days of summer" scrapbooking competition being hosted by Cat & the DT over at Your Memories by Design.
Click here to see more.

They had the great idea that we should take a photograph every day and then each week produce a layout, of either one or two pages, using 7 photographs that best represent the week we just had.

The competition runs for 13 weeks in all.

So my very first contribution to MM is a scrapbook page layout "before and after".

This is the collection of items that I thought I might use for my week 10 page.




This was a trial run of how to arrange the photos. My theme was "signs".


I had been around and about that week taking pix of signs that I found quirky and interesting.


A restaurant where we had lunch one day, the local bar/tabac/convenience store, a seller of lobster & crabs, the wine sellers, a street name & a tourist route road side sign.

.


The finished LO includes photo #7, I decided upon a rusty old "Stop" sign but photographed from the back to make it more interesting.


Follow this link to see my page on the YMBD here


Happy Metamorphis Monday everyone!!

5 comments:

  1. What I like best about the scrapbooking is that the photos actually get printed out.
    I worry that so many family photos will be lost to future generations because they were only on a computer.
    Your signs are really interesting. A very creative mosaic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie, your layout is great! I'm forever taking photo of interesting signs where ever I travel and even here around town. Some can be so interesting and simply great art. Never thought about doing a layout of just the signs though. I've just mixed them in among other vacation photos on a page. Another fun thing to gather is business cards. Sometimes these are also very artistic.
    Great share for this Met Monday!
    Thanks! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi and I love your scrapbooking page! You did well.
    Be a sweetie,

    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job. I tried scrapbooking for about a month till I found Out I was pregnant and my baby wa sonly 4 months old and I was so sick and life got CRAZy and never ever went back. Those babies are now 11 and 12 so cuddos to you.

    I hope you will come over and check out this weeks Knock off and I bet you have some things you could post to the KNOCK OFF KNOCK OUT Party.
    Cheri
    Its So Very Cheri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your visit just made my day!