Saturday 6 February 2010

Port en Bessin, Dimanche matin.


Some shots of the outdoor produce market and fishing boats, taken last weekend at Port en Bessin, for Mosaic Monday @ the little red house & Outdoor Wednesday @ A Southern Daydreamer, two of my favourite blog parties, graciously hosted by Mary & Susan.
I hope you don't think that I'm starting the week short changing you by using one set of pix for two meme's but, oh! I am so busy at the moment.


You may have noticed that I'm also over at the Quimper Club International blog this month showing Carolyn the ropes.
As a first time blogger Carol has been sharing with us how she first discovered Q and her recent trip to Costa Rica, soon we'll learn about her talent as a restorer of ceramics. Her work is truly amazing.

Also over at QCI this month our First Year Anniversary, and we're giving away a marvellous Henriot Bijoux necklace to one lucky visitor. Click here to find out how you can be our winner. The piece of Emmenthaler cheese in the above mosaic was huge, I wanted to make sure you saw how enormous it was!
If you've enjoyed the pix today please leave me a comment, you can leave one if you didn't like them too, if you must!! Then head over to see Mary & Susan and tell them I said "hi".

20 comments:

  1. Maggie, the produce looks spectacular! How neat. And the cheese. :-) I had not realized that Carol is the person who restores faience as well. Look forward to reading more.
    A bientot,
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie,

    I love the look of your blog. Your mosaics are wonderful. I am so far behind in my blogging.....But we are having a lot of fun. I will get back on track soon. I have too many interests.

    One of my favorite things to do when traveling is go to the markets.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photographs of the cheeses!! Also the market and the fishing boats. Those leeks look very tempting as I love leek and potato soup!!

    I don't think we will be visiting France after all this year as we are going to Italy now!!. Will we be able to meet up for afternoon tea somewhere when you come over in June or are you not coming this way?

    Have a great week, Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maggie. Great mosaics you have again for us. That big piece of cheese with the holes looks like Emmenthaler isn't it. It looks delicious, we eat Gouda every day , so good. :)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that Riet is right, the big cheese is Emmenthaler!
    ~Maggie~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful photos, love the photos of teh port market and the cheeses all look so yummy. I love cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful photos!!! I love your mosaics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm lovin' your beautiful mosaics sweet Maggie. The produce look like somewhere this chick could do some serious shoppin. Now, how did ya'll know I had a weakness for cheese. LOVE IT, next to chocolate it is just the best.

    Thanks for sharin' your marvelous pictures. It took this chick away from the snow covered hills and hollers of the Ponderosa for awhile.

    You have a great day enjoying the Lords blessings!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The brightly painted boats in the water make for such lovely photos. And the cheese and leeks in the market look wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a charming harbor scene and I love outdoor markets! Nothing better than fresh fruits and vegetables!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And look at those leeks! And the cheese!!It's all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those leeks and cheese looked so wonderful...yummy you really took nice photo's!!~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous pictures! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are "Queen" of collages. Just lovely how you pick images and put them together to tell a story. Fantastic job!
    Joyce, IL, USA

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maggie, this is a yummy mosaic. Love the markets of France. Can't wait to see this one in person!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great feature on the market place. I would love going to that and getting some of those little fresh onions.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH such beautiful pictures. Those leeks make me think that spring is coming. I love the water scenes. They don't look to different then over here in New England, USA

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are beautiful shots. That piece of cheese is huge! I have never seen one that big before. I love outdoor markets. Looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Maggie! So nice to visit with you. I have perused several of your posts and enjoyed getting to know you a bit. You have a lovely place here. Very interesting and beautiful mosaics!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your comment.

    Kindly, ldh

    ReplyDelete
  20. Top website, I had not come across normandylife.blogspot.com previously during my searches!
    Keep up the superb work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your visit just made my day!