Tuesday 27 April 2010

Woo Hoo it's Outdoor Wednesday in the potager.

Last week Marla @Always Nesting launched a new meme which she is calling Woo Hoo Wednesday. It's another great place where we can all get together to celebrate home & life, something that I am always in favour of doing.
When I discovered this new meme I was tempted to link back to last Sunday when I blogged about the baby calves I'd seen, but after spending some time in my potager this morning I decided that as it was looking so Woo Hoo that I would show you what's going on there instead.
Pumpkin seedlings:
Runner bean, beetroots and courgette seedlings:
BTW for those who were puzzled about a vegetable that I mentioned in the last potager update: a courgette is what you call zucchini!
A potato plant:
Assorted lettuces and seedlings already planted out:

Another great weekly meme not to be missed is Susan's Outdoor Wednesday @ A Southern Daydreamer.Why not take a few minutes with your coffee this morning and spend it with Marla & Susan, tell them I said "Hi".
Tomato, chives and coriander seedlings:

Click here to see more of the baby calves and doting mothers if you missed them at the weekend.

16 comments:

  1. Great photos, my sons loves cows and thought it was very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great garden, and I love the calves. They are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an impressive garden! Love all of your photos, but the calves are my favorite. Too adorable. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I clicked over here from my follow list JUST to get a better view of that adirondack chair in the shade. Simply lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look very promising Maggie, I'm sure you will enjoy another bumper crop!

    Had missed the cows and calves and love them. They remind me a lot of the Normandy countryside. Such bucolic surroundings you live in.

    Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maggie, I could just sit in that wonderful chair, chat, and watch you garden. So tranquil and I promise I will Woo Hoo! very quietly:) You'll have to keep us updated on your garden's progress as you grow lots of great veggies.

    Thank you so much for joining the party. Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful post! I could sit underneath that tree for hours and just enjoy the scenery! Lovely!

    Enjoy!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely Woo Hoo - new life from the soil, the cows - what a time of year at your place!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh a true potager! Love it. I had aspirations to make one of my own this summer. Our yard was completely destroyed 2 years ago from a remodel. Still working to improve the soil. Your looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woo Hoo indeed! Another month before we set out our seedlings, and I'm going to purchase mine this year because of moving and settling in. Your potager makes me eager to get going on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you have a good running start for your garden. The cows/calves look so sweet. Picture perfect.

    Joanny
    http://thedowsersdaughter.blogspot.com/

    Happy Out door Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  12. What's a potager? Like your garden, I posted an update to mine but linked it to outdoor Wednesday, you can see the link on the right hand side of my blog, come by for a visit :-)
    hugs
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for visiting. Lucas is a lover of all animals, especially farm animals. My husbands parents have a few chicken, turkeys, roosters and a minature pony. He loves to feed the animals and collect the eggs. I will visit again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh gosh, the calves are adorable! I love cows. You are going to have an awesome garden. I can see myself sitting in that adirondack soaking in the tranquil scenery.

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Maggie - It's very encouraging to see that you've already started your garden. In northern Alberta if your vegetable garden is in the ground by the first week in June you will get lots to harvest. We pick green tomatoes in late August or early September and stored in our cool room - they will last until November. Gardeners shy away from popping annuals into the flower gardens before the May long weekend which is normally around May 21st. There is a winter storm warning for much of our province now but hopefully our precipitation will be in the form of rain. Have fun gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had missed the cows with their sweet calves, so I popped on over there as well. Lovely photos of the cows and of your potager. It is looking "Woo Hoo!"
    Hugs ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your visit just made my day!