Wednesday 8 December 2010

My Bavarian White Santa Claus

I hadn't planned on blogging today as I've been busy decorating the Christmas tree for the dining room and baking more mince pies.
However, a comment left on my last post by a confused Jenny @ Jenny's Bouquets needs addressing tout suite!
This is what Jenny had to say.................
"I want to come to your house for Christmas! But, I can't find the head on your Bavarian Santa in your header. I keep looking for it every day but can't see it. I may be blind. All is beautiful!
Love,
Jenny"

Well, Jenny I'm pleased to say that you aren't going blind.

I do wonder though if anyone else is thinking that I may be displaying a headless St Nick??


The dear old man with his long white beard is so beautifully bundled up in his ivory coloured, fur trimmed robe and hood that it's very hard to see his little face.

So, here's a closeup. He has the bluest, kindest eyes I've ever seen.
A back view and a peek into his sack.
Although it's late Wednesday afernoon here now I think I'll still link my White Santa to Kathleens Faded Charm White Wednesday #77 gathering.
There are 96 participants already linked there so why not head over there with me and visit some of them?

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful Santa - German Santas are really the best, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's beautiful, Maggie. And he looks quite a bit like us here in Chicago with our frigid weather!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was at your house!! I love mince pie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggie, this is funny. YOur Santa does look beautiful in his white robes. I'm busy decorating the tree as well.
    Have fun! ~ sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful Santa and so glad he has a head!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maggie, thanks for clearing that up for me. He is gorgeous and has a sweet face. Nice shots, all of them. xo Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's so handsome and would fit in with my decor so well this year....how about sending him over by sleigh for a quick visit to North Carolina, lol!!

    I'm so busy Maggie - company arriving from Calif. later today - and it's sooooo cold here since the snow of last weekend!

    More later - I can smell those mince pies, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a jolly
    wee man with
    his twinkling
    blue eyes...
    and what a
    deliciously
    cozy home you
    have, Maggie!
    Thanks for popping
    in at P&H!
    Merry Thursday,
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is so cute. Take good care of Santa. Bavarian Christmas still going on!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your visit just made my day!