Sunday 13 May 2012

Sunday walk in May.


It's taking me an age to sort through all the photographs from our recent trip to Italy.
So, because I'm missing all my blogging pals stopping by, I've decided to do a quick post about our walk this morning.
Wherever you go in our little corner of Normandy you're probably closer to a cow than a person!



Seriously, we saw 17 cows and three cyclists this morning.
As we walked along the lane I noticed many wild flowers beginning to flower such as the delicate yellow irises in the collage above and the wild comfrey in the next photograph.


"Comfrey (Symphytum officinale L.) is a perennial herb of the family Boraginaceae with a black, turnip-like root and large, hairy broad leaves that bears small bell-shaped flowers of various colours, typically cream or purplish, which may be striped. It is native to Europe, growing in damp, grassy places, and is locally frequent throughout Ireland and Britain on river banks and ditches. 
Source Wikipedia.

Later on we plan on working in the garden clearing away all the old daffodil foliage and maybe, just maybe, I'll persuade the Senior Partner that it really is warm enough to get the garden furniture out of storage and onto the patio.
Wherever you are and whatever you're doing today may I wish everyone bon dimanche!
Sharing this bucolic scenery with
The Tablescaper for her 100th Seasonal Sundays
and
Mosiac Monday with Mary @ the little red house 

15 comments:

  1. HI Maggie.
    Good to see you again. I am looking forward to all your Italy photo´s. Is it warm enough in France to put out the garden furniture. Over here we keep cold weather and rain.Too cold for the time of year.
    Have a good Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bon Dimanche to you Maggie! I think I'm a tad antisocial since the idea of more cows than people is delightful to me :) Wishing you a Happy Mother's Day and Happy Gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely walk on such a beuatiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to see you back on your walks on home turf, Maggie. Today I'll do a little planting, have coffee with my daughter and then pack up the car and head for work on the mainland. I hate to leave, this close to the wedding, but 'needs must'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely place for a walk, Maggie! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Maggie-
    Welcome home. It looks like a lovely morning for a walk-- gotta say- I love the cows!! Your photos are lovely.

    I'm certainly looking forward to your vacation pictures!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're home and rambling about. I understand about the photos. I've been swamped with mine. Enno caught my cold last night so we're both sneezing and coughing. It is beautiful outside for one weekend this spring. We almost thought of sitting outside today, maybe tomorrow. xo Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Maggie

    I've just found your lovely blog via Mary of 'A breath of fresh air'.
    What a great walk you've had today!

    My daughter lives in a tiny village in Burgundy and I'm flying over on 1st June to meet my new granddaughter!

    I've just become your newest follower so do pop over and see me as we seem to have lots in common.
    I'll get out my prettiest cups and we can chat about our mutual love of of all things French over tea!!

    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Normandy is beautiful. You must have lovely walks. The young calf seemed to enjoy having its picture being taken. Cute calf.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maggie, hope you had a lovely day. Fun to see your post on your walk thinking I've walked that path with you. ;-)
    Bon Dimanche to you too, my friend! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your photos from the Amalfi post are fabulous, Maggie!
    And the lilacs in your header...I can practically inhale their fragrance from here.
    (Your cows are fun!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That anonymous comment was mine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Maggie - glad to read your pretty post and see that Spring has arrived at last in Normandy. Love those cows - such docile and useful animals when used to make all that fabulous Normandy cheese, cream etc.

    Know what you mean about sorting the pics from travels - I've just had such a job doing the last trip because, as usual, I took thousands of pics! I have one more post to close the SE Asia trip - the last day in Dubai - then I have to take a break..........BUT it will be a short one as I'm visiting blog friends in Asheville next week for a few days for some treasure hunting in the great shops there (photo ops you you count on), then Bob and I are off on the next big adventure in early June! More on that coming up soon.

    Enjoy your Spring days - get the furniture out and be ready for time in the lovely fresh air!

    Love and hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed this country walk with you Maggie and now that life is quiet once again for me i will look forward to catching up on your posts I've missed. Good luck sorting through those photos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely blog, keep up the good work, and nice to find someone else blogging about this beautiful part of the world.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your visit just made my day!